As we enter the Fall Season changes in weather can have a dramatic effect on pests. Cooler temperatures and fluctuation in moisture will force pests into homes and buildings. Be on the lookout for the following issues as we transition from Summer to Fall.
- Ant populations will be at peak levels until the temperature drops
- Fire ant movement will be on the rise due to an increase in rainfall
- Be sure to take a close look at your potted plants before bringing them inside. Some insects get carried indoors this way.
- Wasps will be seeking shelter in wall voids or attics to take harborage during the colder months.
- Rodents will be moving into homes and buildings for warmth and shelter.
- Some types of mosquitoes will remain active in cooler weather. Mosquitoes remain active until temperatures consistently stay below 60 degrees.
- Beetles or carpenter ants coming from firewood brought indoors. Be sure to inspect your wood closely. Also, a good tip is to store your firewood 20 feet away from your home.
- Wildlife will be seeking shelter in attics