Friday April 22nd will be Earth Day. Earth Day was established in 1970 to create public awareness for the environment, living organisms and public health. This year marks the 46th anniversary with more than one billion people around the world expected to participate in 2016. Earth Day is meant to inspire the public to take pride in and better care of the environment.
Now scores of environmentally responsible products are now being offered — hybrid vehicles, energy-efficient light bulbs, termite control … termite control? That’s right, now even termite control can leave a smaller footprint on the environment.
Below are just a few of the ways the Sentricon System is a sound environmental choice for termite colony elimination:
- Sentricon is limited in the environment and removable
- Recipient of the Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award by U.S. EPA.
- Only grams of active ingredient are needed to control an entire termite colony
- 65% post-consumer recycled materials are used in packaging
- The green plastic stations are made of #2 recyclable plastic
- All Sentricon stations, components, and the Recruit bait matrix are manufactured in the U.S.A.
- Sentricon Always Active uses a durable, long-lasting bait
Developed through extensive research to take advantage of termite behavior, Sentricon targets and eliminates the whole termite colony. In-ground Sentricon stations are placed in a protective ring around your home. Termites eat the bait placed in the stations and share it with the rest of the colony, eventually eliminating the entire colony, including the termite queen, who can produce millions of eggs during her lifetime.
Termites are a serious problem, costing homeowners an estimated $5 billion per year. So it’s nice to know that with technologies like the Sentricon System, you don’t have to compromise between earth-friendly and effective.