How to prepare your home against pests in the wintertime
Just because it is cold outside, doesn’t mean pest problems have gone away. We want to remind homeowners that winter is actually a critical time to pest-proof around the house to help keep pests from coming indoors.
Do you have an infestation of bed bugs in your home? Is there a giant hornets’ nest in your yard? Have you noticed floorboards in your house rapidly deteriorating? No matter what your needs may be, mice extermination Fairfax VA is your source for effective pest control worldwide.
As such, the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) recommends the following tips for homeowners to ensure their homes remain pest-free this winter:
- Look for missing roof shingles, ripped window screens and clogged gutters, all of which are entry points for pests.
- Seal cracks and holes including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around basement foundations and windows.
- Keep basements, attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Vacuum around doors and windows. Frequent vacuuming can catch invaders like spiders, silverfish, earwigs and beetles.
- Inspect garages and outbuildings for rodents or signs of a rodent infestation. Organize cluttered debris, boxes and random items along the walls where mice may hide or nest.